MixedCouples.info

Bookmark or Share MixedCouples.info with Friends.Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: What happened after I moved to the South?  (Read 3375 times)

Offline George

• Administrator
  • Sharon and I
    • Digital images printed to color slides.
What happened after I moved to the South?
« on: December 02, 2008, 12:33:37 PM »
Absolutely nothing extraordinary happened after I moved to the South to be with my ideal woman!  I thought that perhaps I might run into pent-up prejudice down here in Florida.  I thought that I might get some comments from people, but I haven't.  No one has said anything to us and it's been over 3 1/2 years now.  Thank God for that!
Convert your favorite digital images to easy to store 35mm color slides! Preserve them on slides before your hard drive fails.  Our slides last for decades and serious artists use our slides for juried shows, college applications and craft shows.
http://www.colorslide.com/

Offline Thanos

Re: What happened after I moved to the South?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 06:32:50 AM »
Glad to hear that you haven't run into any static :).

Sadly enough, the prejudice I have encountered has been from black people.  Once was when I was in a shopping mall with my (now) ex-girlfriend, and an older black woman was staring at us with a hostile look on her face.  Another was when my current girlfriend told her Dad that she was dating a white man...his response was to tell her that he should have raised her in the 'hood, because then she wouldn't be dating a white man :(

On the other hand, we love each other, despite our differences, and have so many things in common, and her Mom and Brother have been very friendly and accepting of me  ;D.

Offline George

• Administrator
  • Sharon and I
    • Digital images printed to color slides.
Re: What happened after I moved to the South?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 10:26:11 AM »
Sorry to hear about her Dad, but I think he'll loosen up after a while. 

My wifey is from rural southern Georgia and I thought there would be some prejudice against us there, but there hasn't been any.  All of her family members know I treat her like the Queen she is, so maybe that's why. 

My initial problem was that I couldn't keep up with their southern lingo.  They used words that I wasn't used to, so I had to ask my wife to "interpret" for me.  LOL!  After that first weekend I was OK and I could keep up with the conversations. 
Convert your favorite digital images to easy to store 35mm color slides! Preserve them on slides before your hard drive fails.  Our slides last for decades and serious artists use our slides for juried shows, college applications and craft shows.
http://www.colorslide.com/

Offline Slepupsspog

What happened after I moved to the South
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 03:24:33 PM »
It use to be really active, but when Leeroy stepped down as regional co-ordinator the meets just stopped. Maybe you should try organising a meet yourselves?
Off topic, I'm a happy user of
newbielink:http://www.ps2netdrivers.net/manual/yamaha.02r.version.2/ [nonactive]
:->

ColorSlide.com is your source for color slides or negatives from digital images and more!