MixedCouples.info

Bookmark or Share MixedCouples.info with Friends.Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Mixed Children  (Read 7730 times)

Offline George

• Administrator
  • Sharon and I
    • Digital images printed to color slides.
Mixed Children
« on: November 19, 2008, 07:38:24 PM »
I for one think mixed children are very cute and adorable!  We had two beautiful mixed kids (from black women and white men) in our wedding back on Labor Day weekend and they did a great job.  They were the flower girl and ring bearer of course! 

P.S. - I hope to have one of my own someday!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 08:09:44 PM by George »
Convert your favorite digital images to easy to store 35mm color slides! Preserve them on slides before your hard drive fails.  Our slides last for decades and serious artists use our slides for juried shows, college applications and craft shows.
http://www.colorslide.com/

Offline Toyota tacoma

Re: Mixed Children
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 10:21:29 PM »
Ok here we go first A child is born into the world only  know how to love But the adults are the one who will teach a child to hate and to notice a difference in people but If you teach the child to love every one and not to look down on any body. They will be fine.. Dont forget a baby was born  to change the world . And Because of that we are free To be who we want to be. I say teach love  and.spread it around.   Thank you.

Offline George

• Administrator
  • Sharon and I
    • Digital images printed to color slides.
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 07:49:01 PM »
That's so true!
Convert your favorite digital images to easy to store 35mm color slides! Preserve them on slides before your hard drive fails.  Our slides last for decades and serious artists use our slides for juried shows, college applications and craft shows.
http://www.colorslide.com/

Offline Mrs. SK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 05:55:38 PM »
Well, I feel we should not call our children mixed. The best way to describe children or anyone of more than 1 race would be biracial. Who out there can tell me what other words are appropriate or better?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 06:46:08 PM by Mrs. SK »

Offline Shenikwa

• My husband and I with our dogs
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 02:57:43 AM »
I agree that the whole 'mixed', 'mutt' etc., wording is played out.  My husband and I are pregnant with our first child who will be tri-racial - White, Black and Mexican.  I want our child(ren) to know where and who they came from, not just one side. 

I do have to say though that multi-cultured kids are beautiful.  They seem to take what is best from the races and combine it to something wonderful.  You can't deny that. 

Offline awkrogh

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 09:54:19 AM »
There is a childrens book store in Oak Park that my husband and I went to while our kids were with the grandparents. A women working there asked if he, the white guy I was with was my husband. She assumed we had kids and suggested one of the best books for kids of interracial marriages, it's called, "Black, White, Just Right" written by the grandmother of bi-racial children. Her daughter-in-law is black. Great book and a must read for all interracial couples planning on having children. It is written by by Marguerite W. Davol

Offline Renee and Pat

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 11:10:07 AM »
Ok here we go first A child is born into the world only  know how to love But the adults are the one who will teach a child to hate and to notice a difference in people but If you teach the child to love every one and not to look down on any body. They will be fine.. Dont forget a baby was born  to change the world . And Because of that we are free To be who we want to be. I say teach love  and.spread it around.   Thank you.

I totally agree with this, however... I have 2 mixed boys and I find that my older son who is on 1st grade has a hard time making friends, mostly due to parents. Now of coarse no one on this board is racist but there are so many out there who are still, blacks and whites. I live in an area that has black, white, mexican...whatever! There are all races here and I find that the parents of the white kids that my son wants to be friends with dont like the fact that he is black and then the black parents dont like the fact that he is white. So even in todays age with all the interracial couples and bi-racial kids, they will still have problems. It is very unfortunate but it is a reality.

Offline butterscotch

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 05:18:23 AM »
When my daughter was born she already had two older brothers, which one was 9 month at the time and the oldest 13.
He looked at her as we where thinking of a nickname that would suit her and he said "Butterscotch" and that's how she calls herself now when she describes her complexion or race. I didn't stick as a nickname, but i thought that was too cute and so fitting. Cause she was so sweet and had the complexion of :) lol Better then mixed. A drink is mixed. Dogs are mixed. Not my kids. They became their own race. Butterscotch!

Well, I feel we should not call our children mixed. The best way to describe children or anyone of more than 1 race would be biracial. Who out there can tell me what other words are appropriate or better?

Offline JerryKate

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 12:20:13 PM »
When our bi-racial daughter was 3 they were learning about mixing colors..when it came to what does white and black make when mixed she raised her hand...before she could answer the teacher told them it was gray. She was very upset and told the teacher she was wrong. She said when you mix black and white they make this color and held up her arm to show her skin.

I am sharing this story to make a point. Her father and I had no influence in her thinking. We never pointed out to her our differences yet, at 3, she noticed and knew she was different. She also knows she is beautiful and you will never convince her of anything different.

One day bi-racial will be as common as all the other races.

Offline StL_519

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 02:57:28 PM »
My 9 month old son is mixed.  I am not fond of the term 'bi-racial'.  What race are we?  The human race - the same race, just different looks.  It would be nice if there was a better term than mixed, but bi-racial is not it. 

People tend to say 'oh, you have a black baby' and I am quick to correct them, his father is black and I am white.  My son will learn that he is the best of both of us.  He will also learn that no matter how we look on the outside, we are all God's children. 

My Father was raised to be prejudice; yet, my parents together raised us to 'never judge a book by it's cover.'  My Dad, God rest his soul, loved grandson.

ColorSlide.com is your source for color slides or negatives from digital images and more!